Friday, January 21, 2011

Back to Managua, Saying Goodbye

Hi, I'm David. I'd like to give a little update on the new website of San Juan del Sur Biblioteca, and I will also fill you in on Thursday's activities as we left San Juan del Sur for Managua.

My project was to create a new website for San Juan del Sur Biblioteca. It will be live soon at http://www.sjdsbiblioteca.org/, but in the meantime you can view it at http://sjdsbiblioteca.org/wp/. I converted the site to Wordpress to make publishing easier. It is now possible to translate the site into Spanish with the click of a button, thanks for Google Translate. Be sure to take a look and click the "Like" button to get updates on SJDS Biblioteca on Facebook! I also embedded the library's Flickr stream into the website. I will add more photos and a map of the mobile project locations in the coming days.

On Thursday, we said goodbye to San Juan del Sur.


On the way back to Managua, we stopped at Volcán Mombacho for a visit to a coffee farm and catch some great views of Lake Nicaragua and Grenada from the cloud forest.


We also stopped to check out a pottery demonstration. See awesome kiln below.


Finally, we stopped for a delicious tour of the Momotombo chocolate factory in Managua, where we tried some raw cacao beans and wore some sweet hairnets.


After a long day, we headed to our hotel in Managua and prepared to depart. Before I sign off, I'd just like to encourage you to donate a few bucks to a good cause by clicking on the Just Give banner on the side of this page. Your donations will help the children of Nicaragua to have ready access to books and allow San Juan del Sur Biblioteca to continue its work.


No comments:

Post a Comment